Welcome to the Hawaii Land Surveyors Association.
Comprised of approximately 70% of the licensed land surveyors in Hawaii our objective is to bring together the land surveying community through education and to provide networking opportunities and business resources.
If you are not a member of HLSA, please Click HERE to join today!
Hawaii Online Discussion Forum
“We are proud to announce the launch of our newest addition to the HSLA online experience. Head over to www.hlsa.proboards.com to join in our online discussion forum. This forum, or message board, was developed to get more involvement, comments, feedback, questions and over all participation in our association. The Board of Directors will also be posing questions and polls to all of you members in regards to current topics and items you would like the Board to address. If you feel your voice hasn’t been heard, please register and participate in the discussions. Any registered forum user may initiate a discussion with a simple click. We highly encourage everyone to get registered on the forum and jump right in. We look forward to seeing you all online!”
NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Stantec’s Survey and Geomatics group:
- Survey Technician in Honolulu, HI – The ideal candidate must work well in a team environment and have the drive and ability to adapt. Under the supervision of Senior Staff, you will perform surveying, mapping, and data collection activities. This role will likely work in equal parts field and office. Capability of inter-island travel and a valid driver’s license. Please see LinkedIn post for more info.
ParEn, Inc. dba Park Engineering is an employee-owned, small business enterprise providing civil engineering and surveying services to clients throughout the State of Hawaii. As one of the leading engineering and surveying firms in Hawaii, Park Engineering has played an important role in the development and growth of our island community for the past 70 years.
Aerial Surveying, Inc. – is a LiDAR company based out of Oahu, Hawaii and the LiDAR professionals behind LiDAR Hawaii. Our company specializes in various aspects of Light Detection and Ranging Technology.
- Survey Field Technician – Drone Pilots License required or willing to obtain one. Experience in GPS and field data collection required. Must be willing to travel. Salary determined by experience. Send resume to email@example.com
Wes Thomas Associates:
- Survey Project Manager (Kona, Big Island) – Full-time position available for experienced survey project manager. See linked file or inquire for more information/send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 329-2353
Hawaii Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service civil, structural and electrical consulting engineering and land surveying firm that specializes in commercial, industrial and residential projects. With over 25 years of experience in the industry, we recognize that we are only as successful as the people we employ.
- Survey Party Chief (Honolulu): Seeking a Survey Party Chief for a long-term full-time position. Person must be dependable, have a driver’s license, be a U.S. citizen, have no felony convictions and be able to travel. Experience must include 5 years field work experience in ALTA, topographic, boundary and construction surveys. AutoCAD and TDS data collector experience a plus. Must have experience as a party chief.
Salary: negotiable with experience
Benefits: Medical, 401k, profit sharing, paid vacation & sick leave
Send resume to: email@example.com
Sam O. Hirota, Inc. – Founded in 1963, Sam O. Hirota, Inc. (SOH) celebrate more than 50 years of engineering, surveying, and imaging services to Hawaii and the Pacific Rim. SOH is involved with exciting, emerging technologies and would like to interview those comfortable working with cutting-edge, as well as traditional hardware and software.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
- Licensed Land Surveyor:
Prepares ALTA survey, subdivision maps, easement maps, land court maps, and related maps. Approves and submits survey documents as required by federal, state or local governments. Work includes field investigations and inspections. Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence and other records to obtain data needed for surveys. Prepare legal descriptions and mapping for easements, rights-of-way, lot-line adjustments. Plan and organize surveying efforts to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas for construction, mapmaking, land division, and titles. Working knowledge of Trimble surveying products. Monitors survey personnel performance and documentation to assure quality, consistency and compliance to project requirements. Negotiate and maintain communications concerning ongoing contracts. For more information please contact us at (808) 537-9971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Land Survey Field Crew Member: Assists in the performance of field work on general surveying projects. Maintains and operates all instruments needed to complete surveying assignments. Must traverse and work in all types of terrains and weather conditions. Must be able to accurately perform vertical and horizontal control surveys and required calculations under direction of a Registered Land Surveyor. Conduct project research, boundary calculations, and record survey data. For more information please contact us at (808) 537-9971 or email@example.com.
- Survey CADD Technician: Produce drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphics of engineering designs using computer-aided drafting software. Requires a good working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3d, Boundary Survey Mapping and Topographic Survey Mapping. Work may include field investigations and inspections. Perform CAD/GIS and field data collection tasks. Produce detailed, high-quality cartographic products and accompanying reports. Compile, manipulate and refine geographic data from a variety of sources including, but not limited to field observation, digital aerial photography, and existing maps. Perform regular quality control checks of GIS Data and non-spatial databases. For more information please contact us at (808) 537-9971 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Engineers Surveyors Hawaii, Inc. (ESH), was founded in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1964 and has served public and private interests, based on professionalism and quality of service.
- Field Surveyors: ESH’s extensive background in a variety of civil engineering projects, enable us to provide the comprehensive engineering, surveying and construction management services required to assist in a variety of public and private design projects. We are currently seeking entry level field surveyors, experience preferred, but will train. Please email Miles@esh-inc.com.